Chairman Organda said the lifting of the rules of the online taxi makes the special rental vehicle illegal and must follow the conventional taxi rules.
The head of the Land Transport Organization (Organda) Andriyanto Djokosoetono regrets the Supreme Court’s decision to revoke the Minister of Transportation Decree No. 26/2012 on the revision of the Transportation of People with Public Vehicles Not in the Route.
Andriyanto said this decision makes online taxis no longer have rules that become a container to operate officially. He said with the revocation of 18 articles in the Ministerial Regulation No. 26 of 2017, then the Regulation Permenhub Number 32 Year 2016 on the Transport of People with Public Motor Vehicles Not In Route.
“If we have anulir we regret because online partner friends must get into the taxi (conventional) as well, so be confused,” said Andriyanto who is also Director of PT Blue Bird Tbk in Jakarta.
With the revocation of the rules on the online taxi or the special lease, the status of the vehicle becomes illegal, unless willing to follow the rules like a conventional taxi with a yellow plate.
“Before they were illegal, so we prepared a container to facilitate. This makes the nerves of having to return to the yellow plate, “said Andriyanto.
Online taxi rules following conventional taxis using yellow plates are a rule that online vehicle owners have opposed so the government makes a special rule through Candy Number 26/2017.
Andriyanto said it would communicate the impact of this decision to the owners of online taxis who have become members of Organda. The number of online taxi owners registered in Organda is 3,000.
In addition to revoking the rules of the organization, the revocation of the Ministerial Regulation No. 26/207 also annulled the rules on argo, upper and lower limit rates, routes, use of legal entity registration, regulation rules, supervisory cards, promotional prohibitions, transition period of legal entity STNK.
Previously Minister of Transportation Budi Karya Sumadi said it still needs time to study and find a way out after 18 chapters in the beleid rules of online taxis are considered not valid.
Budi said that public and land transport operators need not worry about the decision. He said the Supreme Court’s ruling was effective three months after the Supreme Court stipulated. During that time, the assessment will be intensively conducted by Kemenhub.
“We will also find a way out so there is no restlessness,” said Budi. (Read: Comparison of Taxi Tariff Online and Conventional After New Rules)
Minister of Transportation Regulation No. 26 of 2017 issued 1 April 2017 and it is a revision of the previous rules. But then sued six taxi drivers online through the State Administration case in the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court granted the lawsuit by revoking the 18 articles in Minister of Transportation Decree No. 26 of 2017. The verdict with register No. 37 P / HUM / 2017 was taken in the trial of the judges of the State Administration case on Tuesday, June 20, 2017.
In its consideration, the Supreme Court declared that the 18 articles are contrary to the higher laws and regulations, namely Law Number 20 Year 2008 on Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. In addition, the 18 articles are also considered contrary to Law No. 22 of 2009 on Road Traffic and Transportation.
The following articles are revoked in Candidate Number 26 of 2017:
1. Article 5 Paragraph 1 letter e concerning freight rates based on agrometer or stamped on information technology-based applications
2. Article 19 paragraph 2 letter f concerning a special lease shall comply with the service, the determination of tariff shall be based on the upper and lower limit rates.
3. Article 19 paragraph 3 Letter e concerning a vehicle used for a special lease shall be furnished with a valid travel document in the form of a vehicle registration on behalf of a legal entity, test card, and supervisory card.
4. Article 20 concerning the special leased transport services referred to in Article 19 is a door-to-door service with an area of operation within an urban area
5. Article 21 concerning the planning of transportation needs with a particular purpose
6. Article 27 letter a concerning public transport companies shall have at least 5 vehicles as evidenced by a vehicle registration on behalf of a legal entity and a letter of evidence passing periodic test of a motor vehicle,